Sunday, April 01, 2007

Kai Turns 19


This weekend Kai made it to the big one, nine (in weeks of course). I can honestly say that he is changing dramatically now.

As of late he has be able to lift himself up when he is in his Magic Chair, kind of do a mini sit-up, and he is always trying to do it. Even when we place him on our new sweet couch, he still tries to sit up on his own. When we put him down on his back to play, within 5 minutes he will be facing 180 degrees in the other direction from all his squirming.

Also the other night he was playing with his toys, which are Velcroed to his chair, and wanted one so bad he ripped it clean off the pole. Basically what I am trying to say here, is that this kid is strong. I am fearing for my life when he gets mobile.

Kai has gotten a lot more receptive as well. He can hold his attention longer and likes to grab at everything, if only to check how it feels. I can tell he is trying to make sense of everything, me and Aya are just dying for a word to pop out. I am almost positive it is going to be Japanese, but if he says Mama it can be taken as bilingual (and a display of concern, not to offend either parent. I told you he was smart).

One last note, we picked up Kai's Japanese passport this week, so now if he chooses to be a double agent, he has that option. Look closely and you will see it: in one it say's Nationality: Japan, and in the other Nationality: USA. Basically we needed to have both of them, US and Nihon, when traveling cause it makes life a lot easier. We almost missed our flight to Hawaii because of passport problems, thank the lord we made it though.

I love the expression in the Japanese Passport: "It's my puppy dog face Dad!"



And the US



On the Bus Going Home



Playing on the New Couch



"I'm a ball of fun!"


Link

2 Comments:

Blogger A. K. & A. said...

Just trying to show you guys how the new style works. When you comment, it shows up now! Isn't life Grand!?!!!?

11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anthony, havent talked to you in years, and I see that so much has changed, congrats on your beautiful wife and beautiful baby boy, outstanding. when I come back to Nagoya, ill have to look you up.
take care.

Ray-

5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



photoblog-community
Blog On
\"""";""""/
My BlogLines